Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Is there anything going on?

On 8/7/2020 6:05 PM, Sonny wrote:
On Friday, August 7, 2020 at 4:24:53 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:

It's been so hot & humid, it's hard to do anything comfortably, however, my nephew & his wife bought an old farm that needs lots of repairs. We refinished their son's bedroom floor, their bedroom floor is on the agenda.

Hot and humid! Yeah I can relate. We start the mornings at a crisp 80
degrees with 99% humidity. Then it just gets worse. I mow my yard
weekly and my shirt is totally soaked and sticking to my skin. Blue
jeans are soaked too but too heavy to stick well. ;~)

Their son "needed" a TV cabinet for his bedroom, so I built one using salvaged 1X11 quarter sawn long leaf pine.... installed maybe a week ago. Scroll right for 2 more pics.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/438361...posted-public/

Hey that looks good AND STOUT!. LOL

Similarly I am converting a built in cabinet and shelves into an
entertainment center for a customer. I hate doing on site conversions
but this is a good repeat customer and the hard part is behind me and
they are liking the direction it is going. So there is that.
I am in the middle of building a walnut Electronics garage to sit on top
of the built in cabinet and below the flat screen. Then walnuts doors
for the lower cabinet with fabric grills.

The whole (swimming) pool house was built poorly. The entrance doorway/framing was horribly made. I'm presently making a new door and frame unit out of old salvaged cypress. Screen door will be replaced with newly made one, also.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/438361...posted-public/

Yeah it is looking a little rough around the edges. ;~)

Two other doors on the resident house needs replacing. I have some nice old entry doors that I'll clean up and we'll install.

Today, I collected a nice old rocking chair from a legally blind friend. I'll weave a new seat and backrest using 5/8" wide flat reed.
https://www.franksupply.com/basketry...html#flatreeds

Beyond that, you'll likely find me falling asleep, after lunch, while watching Matt Dillon gun down some bad guys.

Sonny

Ah yes, Nap time!!