Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Is there anything going on?

On 8/7/2020 5:13 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Friday, August 7, 2020 at 5:24:53 PM UTC-4, Leon wrote:

I've been doing lot's of yard work and a bathroom repair for the past
few weeks.

The only woodworking was re-framing the bottom of a wall in the bathroom.
The shower valve leaked inside the wall so the sill and bottom of the studs
got moldy. It's a basement bathroom, on a slab, so I didn't notice the leak
until the sill plate got wet enough to eventually cause the drywall to get
wet. I cut some holes in the wall to see what was going on and found mold.

Turned out to be a bad cartridge that decided to leak in such a way that the
water ran backwards into the wall so I never knew it was leaking. Putting
on the drywall mud now, hoping to prime this weekend.

I "had" roofers to a roof repair for me this week. The builder's gutter
guys installed a down spout, from the second story to the garage roof,
wrong. Nailshooter got pictures and diagnosed the issue from 180 miles
away. :!) An new and relocated down spout happens this coming Wednesday.

Yard work included rebuilding a 6' x 40' patio block walkway along the side
of my house, mostly in 90°+ heat, planting some hollies along that walkway
and spreading 1.5 tons of mulch.

So what materials did you use? I'm looking into composite decking to
cover our existing covered concrete patio and extend out into the yard
another 12'. Heat absorption is a concern for me, for the part that
will be exposed to sun light.
Careful with placement of those hollies, we had a few and years later
decided to do something different. Pulling out the old hollies was like
tangling with a porcupine.

But! SWMBO brought home an oak chair from the group home she works in (adults
with disabilities) It needs to be reglued, so I may spend a little time in
the shop this weekend. This is the second chair. All it would have taken, both
times, was for someone to tighten up the corner bolts as soon as the chairs
started wobbling. Instead, they just kept using them until the stretchers
fell out and the threaded inserts are barely holding on. I'll be busting out
the West Systems epoxy, again.

Oh Boy