Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Damp smell in extension to modern house

Were any pipes or inspection covers etc, moved when it was built to allow
them to still be accessed. However the only in humid weather sounds more
like a leak that will not dry due to the high humidity periods. Could be
some kind of organism is present.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
wrote in message
On Friday, 7 August 2020 01:44:05 UTC+1, IpsoFatto wrote:
replying to robert, IpsoFatto wrote:
Hi,
I hope you don't mind me reactivating this thread - I just came across it
and
@John Kelly's issue describes exactly a problem we're having with a garage
extension we had done. I wonder if you might be able to tell me if you
were
able to resolve this and if so, how?Any advice would be much appreciated -
we're at hte point of considering a surveyor to come around and do an
investigation as the smell in humid weather is so strong, while the rest
of
the time, there is absolutely no smell at all. It's very odd. Grateful
for
any advice!

You should find online diagrams of all the usual sources of water. Just
check for them.

NT