Posted to rec.woodworking
Sonny Sonny is offline

Default Is there anything going on?

On Friday, August 7, 2020 at 4:24:53 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:

It's been so hot & humid, it's hard to do anything comfortably, however, my nephew & his wife bought an old farm that needs lots of repairs. We refinished their son's bedroom floor, their bedroom floor is on the agenda.

Their son "needed" a TV cabinet for his bedroom, so I built one using salvaged 1X11 quarter sawn long leaf pine.... installed maybe a week ago. Scroll right for 2 more pics.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/438361...posted-public/

The whole (swimming) pool house was built poorly. The entrance doorway/framing was horribly made. I'm presently making a new door and frame unit out of old salvaged cypress. Screen door will be replaced with newly made one, also.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/438361...posted-public/

Two other doors on the resident house needs replacing. I have some nice old entry doors that I'll clean up and we'll install.

Today, I collected a nice old rocking chair from a legally blind friend. I'll weave a new seat and backrest using 5/8" wide flat reed.
https://www.franksupply.com/basketry...html#flatreeds

Beyond that, you'll likely find me falling asleep, after lunch, while watching Matt Dillon gun down some bad guys.

Sonny