Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim+[_5_] Tim+[_5_] is offline

Default Karcher 2.110

Scott wrote:
I know I have asked some obscure questions on this group over the
years, and I am always grateful for the advice.

I was given a Karcher 2.110. I am having problems attaching the hose
to the machine. It's a screw fitting but the middle bit does not go
far enough in to allow the circular nut thing to tighten enough to
achieve a secure fitting. As soon as you switch on the pump the hose
gets blasted off. I have tried holding the nozzle on at the same time
as switching on the pump but this makes no difference.

It seems to me beyond the realms of possibility that a product could
be manufactured and sold with parts that don't fit together. The only
explanation that I can think of is that the hose is not the correct
hose for the machine.

The machine was abandoned so there is no prospect of speaking to the
previous owner.

Has anyone encountered such a difficulty? Any ideas?

The machine

The hose for my lance is quite a snug fit and if there is a bit of surface
corrosion on the connector this can be enough to stop it fitting properly.

Have a close look and clean off any any corrosion that you can see (wire
wool etc). If theres a rubber O-ring, remove it first before getting too
aggressive with any de-rusting method.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls