Posted to uk.d-i-y
michael adams[_6_] michael adams[_6_] is offline

Default Source of M3 screws for Guitar tuner peg?

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
michael adams wrote:

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
soup wrote:
Do not get too caught up in what type of screwdriver is needed
pozi/hex/slot etc.

Really? On a nicely crafted item like a guitar, I'd think that important.

Indeed. So he'll maybe want order 6 screws instead of just one.
Just so as to not upset anyone such as yourself who might peer
too closely at the back of his wife's guitar, and notice one
of the screws doesn't match. And obviously word would soon get
around.

I only worry what I'd think. Looking at something with the wrong type of
screw fitted. Like some antique fixed to the wall with Pozi. But each to
their own...

Ideally when fixing anything to a wall, whether antique or not. things
should be so arranged that the fixing is hidden, behind whatever
it is that;s being supported.

Whereas IMHO, with musical instruments the most important thing is the sound
they produce rather than what they look like. Unlike say antiques
which some people apparently find it becessary to screw to the wall.
(As with MFI wardrobes and cupboards of old)

michael adams

*Can fat people go skinny-dipping?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.