Posted to uk.d-i-y
soup[_9_] soup[_9_] is offline

Default Source of M3 screws for Guitar tuner peg?

On 07/08/2020 12:50, wrote:
The screw that holds the cog on one of the tuners on my wife's acoustic
guitar has disappeared. The others are M3, black, phillips or pozi,
raised countersunk, length is 8mm overall (but the length of raised csk
ignores the raised bit). I haven't been able to find a supplier for
small quantities - any suggestions?
(If all else fails I'll replace the complete tuner head)

Self tappers, machine screws ?

B&Q will sell bags of four or five for the sort of same price as boxes
of 100 from Screwfix or such.

Do not get too caught up in what type of screwdriver is needed
pozi/hex/slot etc.

What sort of amount are you willing to spend?
Are the head types (countersunk, pan, cheese) vital?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=M3+X8+mm&ref=nb_sb_noss