Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default What switch for a 24V DC supply?

On Fri, 7 Aug 2020 02:29:07 +0100, williamwright wrote:

Thanks. this has been discussed higher in the thread, with

opinion
divided as to whether or not a big red slammable emergency button

is
rather over the top for a Unimat micro lathe.

But I think near unanimity that at least a small red cutout button

would be a Good Thing.

The NVR feature certainly and if the switch is of "standard"
appearance all the better. TBH neither the table saw or small pillar
drill have nice big bashable "stop" buittons but rather fiddly little
things, I'd rather have something easier to bash.

Dead man's handle in the form of a foot pedal?

Starting to get complicated. In fact thinking about it wasn't the
lathe orginally mains powered? So it surely has a mains NVR
already... google Maybe not Unimat have been around before things
like NVR's or guards on belt drives where thought neccessary. B-)

--
Cheers
Dave.