Posted to alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Reinforce Roof Against Falling Trees?

wrote

I have a ton of pines that are between 60-100 feet tall on my acre lot.
By tons I mean at least 100. I could never afford to have those all taken
down. Someone needs to invent something to protect a roof that would
deflect the weight.

You wouldnt be able to afford that either.

We just had a huge limb come down from the biggest pine.
It shook the entire house and took two maple trees out with it.
Just missed the garage. I love my trees because of the privacy
but some make me worry. I just don't have that kind of money.
Someone said just the big scary ones would cost $50k