Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Joyce Jim Joyce is offline

Default Covid and your heart.

On Thu, 6 Aug 2020 10:43:12 -0700, Bob F wrote:

The trump "nothingburger" virus at work.

Outcomes of Cardiovascular MRI in Patients Recently Recovered From COVID

In this cohort study including 100 patients recently recovered from
COVID-19 identified from a COVID-19 test center, cardiac magnetic
resonance imaging revealed cardiac involvement in 78 patients (78%) and
ongoing myocardial inflammation in 60 patients (60%), which was
independent of preexisting conditions, severity and overall course of
the acute illness, and the time from the original diagnosis.

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2768916

I like how they mention the pool size of 100, then they explicitly call out
the fact that 78 of them are 78% and 60 of them are 60%. They know their
audience. I meet many people who wouldn't be able to figure out percentages
even if I gave them access to Google.