Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Mercury Regatta mobility scooter?

On Wed, 5 Aug 2020 17:25:22 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Wednesday, 5 August 2020 18:25:02 UTC+1, Chris Bacon wrote:
On 05/08/2020 13:11, T i m wrote:
Bottom line ...

My Mum had a mobility scooter... just a thought in case you have not
considered it, what happens if it packs up when she's out on her own, if
she will be going out on her own? You've done far more than most owners
to it, and know your way around it, however it needs to be 100%
reliable, or she needs a way of getting help, fast, if it stops.

Phone for a taxi.

Not sure how much help that would be if the nearest road was over 1/2
mile away (if you are in a big park area) and the person couldn't walk
that far? [1]

For an 8mph buggy you'd need a van & a driver willing to load it.

Or a Son driving what was his (/Dads) Meriva. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

[1] Small trailer or hang a lightweight folding wheelchair on the
back. Actually, I think my Mum could handle an electric microscooter!