Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Green Chris Green is offline

Default Shed/planning/building regs.

Chris Bacon wrote:
On 05/08/2020 21:16, RJH wrote:
https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/...e-t123043.html

I'm planning a small shed (15m2) and it seems that from that discussion the
best bet, to say within regs, is to check with the local council.

I asked the local council. They would not tell me. They said "Just make
sure for yourself because if there is a complaint it would be sad".

I also asked them about someone's plans for an extension. They would not
tell me even which side of the house it was going to be on! "You will
have to satisfy yourself about it and put in a complaint if you think
it's necessary".

Our local council has all planning permission requests and results
available on the web, are you sure yours doesn't? It did take me
quite a while to find them but it's actually rather a good site when
you find it. It has a map on which you can highlight places which
have planning submissions with filters by date, type, etc. It goes
back a fair few years, back to before 2000.

--
Chris Green
ยท