Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Mercury Regatta mobility scooter?

On Wednesday, 5 August 2020 23:14:06 UTC+1, Chris Bacon wrote:
On 05/08/2020 22:19, T i m wrote:
On Wed, 5 Aug 2020 18:24:58 +0100, Chris Bacon
wrote:

At least the scooter you're looking at has sufficient ground clearence
not to get stuck on a pebble (!), or if a wheel goes off the path and
onto the grass, which the Pride Go-Go "Elite Traveller 4" thing my mum
had could do. Mind you, the "disconnect drive" feature had a handy
safety feature that if it was disconnected, the drive would brake if
freewheel speed got above "brisk walk", and it was handy to be easily
dismantlable by means of 1 lever to stick into a car.

I always wondered what would happen with those machines if an output transistor failed. Wouldn't it suddenly apply full power uncontrollably?

NT