Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default 40m2 block paving.

On 05/08/2020 10:09, newshound wrote:
On 05/08/2020 00:15, wrote:
On Tuesday, 4 August 2020 18:14:49 UTC+1, Mr SandmanĀ* wrote:
Had a quote for between 2.2k and 3.4k for blocking a 40m2 area. This
is beyond my means. Is there another, cheaper but smart solution I
can do it with that will support a car for parking on?

DIY?

Except that it is quite hard to do well, and dodgy paviours look
awful. Good old Type 1 MOT is probably the cheapest, but look for
someone local with a decent reputation. I trust the OP has looked at
Paving Expert?

Type 1 MOT will eventually grass over* if left for years, but will
support a car very well as it is free draining.

*except where the cars wear tracks

I've been surprised how well my stable yard has remained virtually weed
free. That doesn't see all that much vehicular traffic, and the equines
don't eat most weeds. Roundup of course cures everything.