Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Mains Water Pressure. What is "typical"?

Why did you bring back an old thread for this from 2009?
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
wrote in message
On Sunday, December 6, 2009 at 7:44:27 PM UTC, Vortex5 wrote:
Today I measured my incoming mains water pressure to be a little over 10
bar. About 145 PSI. About 100 metres "head"

Quite honestly I was surprised because instinctively I would have
expected
it to be somewhat lower. What is normal though? Is 10 bar unusual?

It's never especially bothered me because I have an IMI pressure
regulator
taking the in-house pressure down to about 3 bar....however the
regulator
started playing up recently causing the in house static pressure to
increase
a lot which could be quite alarming when filling a kettle.

The regulator is now fixed....and I am just curious.