Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jimk Jimk is offline

Default Insulating a pan handle

polygonum_on_google Wrote in message:
On Wednesday, 5 August 2020 15:27:01 UTC+1, Tim+ wrote:
polygonum_on_google wrote:

That is one of the reasons I really appreciate induction hobs. Virtually
no spill of heat up the sides. Recently used a gas hob a few times and
that has re-confirmed I would never voluntarily go back to gas.

True, but on the lowest gas setting on the smallest burner the lid is only
really getting heated by steam inside the pan. I?m sure after an hour on an
induction hob the lid would probably be just as hot.

Tim

The lid would be - but the side handles are much hotter over even a very low gas ring.

I regularly cook a soup using one particular large pan with small D handles. On induction, I can pick the pan up by them even when it has been cooking for an hour. Over gas, I had to progressively move it from large, to medium, to small burner (on lowest possible flame) in order to achieve a very gentle simmer. And the D handles were too hot to willingly touch let alone pick up the pan.

About 100 Deg C maybe?

And you think on induction your pan doesn't get as hot, but the
soup magically does? :-D
--
Jimk

----Android NewsGroup Reader----