Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim+[_5_] Tim+[_5_] is offline

Default Mains Water Pressure. What is "typical"?

Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Wed, 5 Aug 2020 05:00:23 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Today I measured my incoming mains water pressure to be a little

over
10 bar. About 145 PSI. About 100 metres "head"

Ouch, I'm surprised, are you sure of the accuracy of the measuring
device?

Most (metal) domestic plumbing bits are only rated to 10 bar. Plastic
and hot a lot lower. A little bell is ringing that says the maximum
mains pressure ought to be about 6 bar. See what the Ofwat site has
to say?

As this was all discussed back in 2009 I suspect it all been resolved by
now.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls