Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Bacon[_2_] Chris Bacon[_2_] is offline

Default Mixing concrete (Aldi mixer), procedure.

On 23/07/2020 02:58, John Rumm wrote:
On 22/07/2020 22:44, Chris Bacon wrote:
On 22/07/2020 22:35, Chris Bacon wrote:

How much cement and all-in ballast should I use for each fill, by
volume?? I'll be having dumpy bags of all-in ballast and 25kg sacks
of cement.

Doing a full barrow full (I think my barrow is about 85L if you brim it)
seems about right for my mixer (fairly typical Belle) - it won't take
twice that anyway without slopping loads out the front as it mixes - and
1.5 barrows full is less useful in the end.

I have bought a beautiful new wheelbarrow, from Wickes of all places. A
Chillington County 120l, galvanised, steel wheel. Worse than useless
plastic handgrips, but they will pull off easily.

Re cement mixer... withe these cheaper ones where the drum's drive is a
gear on the motor's shaft meshing with slots in the pressed steel drum
itself, I assume it's a good idea to apply a quantity of grease?