Special Ed

Default American Home Protection Security System anyone? Additional

"KJ1" wrote in message
In addition, they don't cover windows (I would have to pay extra, which
comes to about $650 extra).

I would have to keep 2 signs up on my lawn (fine with me) and the service

is
32.99 per month.

Thanks again.

God bless,
KJ

"KJ1" wrote in message
Hello all,

I am wondering if anyone has used the alarm system from Lynx. The alarm
itself is made by Ademco, the name of the company is Ameican Home
Protection, in Michigan. They offered to install for free a system that
comes with the keypad, a remote, covers all doors leading to the outside

and
a lot of other bells and whistles.

I also interviewed ADT, and to cover all windows, all doors and 2 motion
detectors, $900.

I think I am going to go for this company, but was wondering if anyone

had
any personal experience with this.

Thank you.

God bless,
KJ

The town I live in has a specific phone # at the police station for alarm
system dialers that use audio messages. We have to apply for a permit and
after a certain number of false alarms in a year fees are implemented per
false alarm. The police are good about responding in a timely fashion (I
have found that out after a couple false alarms that were my fault) and with
this setup there is no monthly monitoring fees. I also like to be able to
add other phone #'s (cell phones, neighbors) to the dialer that alert me/us
directly of an alarm. This system was installed by a private company and no
contract or commitment was required. I know most alarm companies make their
$ from their monitoring service and your town might not allow dialers to be
hooked up to the police but if this kind of setup is available you'll
certainly save $ on monitoring service fees (although you won't get a free
system).