Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim... tim... is offline

Default NO more free TV licence from today

"T i m" wrote in message
On Wed, 5 Aug 2020 10:18:57 +0100, "tim..."
wrote:

"T i m" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 4 Aug 2020 11:53:44 +0100, "tim..."
wrote:

snip

I'm surprised that if you have no savings,

We do, just not millions ...

since when has 50,000 been millions

Since when have you been so literal

when the difference is material to the discussion

Ok ...

expecting that someone who has retired several years early (with no
obvious
income) might have a cash fund of some sort is not unreasonable

Of course, and we do, just not 'millions'. ( a term indicating that
it's not a substantial amount, not even 10's

given the "needs" here, I can't accept it as a proxy for such a tiny amount

or 100's of thousands
etc).

and circa £50,000 is a not an unreasonable amount to suggest for that fund

I know. I know what you need to be able to live on the interest and I
know we have *way* less than that.

at the levels I am talking you *can't* live on the interest

you have to draw down

even much less than 50K is not going to make much difference to a 30 year
retirement.

1-2K per year

perhaps the costs of a restaurant meal (for 2) once per fortnight

£5 million is

I know?

I'm not the one taking something literally mate. Cummon, try to pull
it all together ... we were talking of small pensions, pension credits
and someone who is used to helping to make ends meet by doing stuff
himself ... not paint a picture of any sort? ;-(

and I'm talking "what is it that makes a capital retirement sum, small or
large"

and I'm saying, that less than 100K is small
less than 50K, very small

HTH

tim