Posted to uk.d-i-y
Robin Robin is offline

Default Insulating a pan handle

On 05/08/2020 10:24, Tim+ wrote:

Well of corse there are any number of ways of lifting a pan lid off but
sometimes when Im in a hurry I forget that the handle gets very hot, even
when used over the lowest flame on the hob if its been on a while.

That's nature's way of telling you that you are an old dog. DAMHIK (

Just
be nice to be able to pick it up safely by hand.

Depends on the size of the loop but on my cast iron casserole with a
loop handle adding any significant thickness to the handle would pretty
well guarantee the back of my fingers touched the (marginally even
hotter?) body of the lid.

If all else fails there's high temperature paint and a "HOT" stencil

--
Robin