Posted to alt.home.repair
Tekkie® Tekkie® is offline

Default Antenna Tower height ...

On Sat, 1 Aug 2020 19:54:43 -0700 (PDT), posted for all of
us to digest...

We have a triangular Antenna tower that is about 40 years old and stands about 30' high. I climbed 1/2 up to repair that security light that was mounted on it, but was Leary about climbing the entire height to work on the antenna.

Should I be concerned about climbing all the way to the antenna ? its not rusted out, but I am just concerned about how well its anchored in concrete.
I was not there when it was erected, so I don't know if they secured it w/cables while attaching the upper sections and antenna.

Are those antennas designed to hold the weight of a 200 lb person at the top ?

Thanks

I have read all the replies. I agree you should rent the lift. Things to think
about a Will the tower survive the additional wind load of the antenna and
coax? The existing antenna appears to max out the capacity. It looks like you
have a rotator, will the new antenna interfere? Have you noticed how the tower
behaves when the wind ramps up? I do not know where you live but you must
consider ice loading on it too. The lift will assist in attaching the coax and
antenna. The lift can also be used to check/clean your gutters and inspect your
roof and other jobs that I can't think of. A tree co was a good suggestion too.

I am an old geezer so count me out. Please be safe.

--
Tekkie