Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Antenna Tower height ...

On 08/05/2020 06:22 AM, dpb wrote:
On 8/4/2020 10:14 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 08/04/2020 07:40 PM, wrote:
The lift is near me, $250 all day or $185 for 4 hours.

How much does it weigh? The neighborhood handyman pruned the trees
last year and rented a massive, self-propelled lift. I've no idea what
it grossed but it left 6" deep ruts in the lawn, something a normal
pickup never did. He filled the ruts this spring and I seeded them but
I can still feel the bump with the lawnmower.

My old JLG 40H weighs about 12,500 lb; a newish 400H 4WD is closer to
14-15,000 lb.

It wasn't either of those but that's the general idea. Some of the limbs
were getting close to the power line, but that was a little overkill for
the job. He's a nice guy but I think there was a little 'Ooh, ooh, new
toy!' factored in when he went to the rental place. I walk by there
during lunch sometimes and they have some less tank-like lifts.