Posted to alt.home.repair
SNAG SNAG is offline

Default Wow, expensive lighting!

On 8/3/2020 7:52 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:
On Mon, 3 Aug 2020 13:11:03 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
wrote:

On Monday, August 3, 2020 at 3:59:19 PM UTC-4, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Mon, 03 Aug 2020 20:08:53 +0100, Clare Snyder wrote:

On Mon, 3 Aug 2020 07:39:22 +0100, "Brian Gaff \(Sofa\)"
wrote:

Yes the laws of physics being broken obviously is no barrier to the
designers.
Brian
Solid brass tubing with LEDs in them and magnets stuck into each end.

So some form of magic brass that lets light through?

SLOTTED brass tubes

Not much of a stretch - you haven't seen vinyl shower curtains with
magnets in the corners to make them stick to the cast iron tub??

Holy ****, people still use iron tubs? Two of us tried to get one of those out of a second floor bathroom once, we had to use industrial strength rope and slide it slowly down the stairs. Luckily it wasn't a split staircase with a corner.

Sure, people still use iron tubs. People pay big money to have refurbished
cast-iron clawfoot tubs.

We took a cast iron tub out of our bathroom four years ago. Busted it up
with a sledge hammer and took it out in pieces. Ours was vintage 1947,
so not a clawfoot.

Cindy Hamilton

Even a lot of "current" tubs are cast iron, not stamped steel. Really
THIN cast, covered with porcelain enamel. The last one I removed went
out in pieces after scoring it with an angle grinder and smacking it
with a sledge hammer

Jumpin' in here ... our cast iron tub was made in 1911 , and could
probably be busted up with a sledge hammer . If you could get past my
wife ! As far as the lighting , I could fabricate that in my shop . The
light segments might be problematic , but I think if one could string
the segments together in series and use a current-limited voltage
variable power supply it would work just fine . Would have to use
dimmable LED's ...
--
Snag