Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim+[_5_] Tim+[_5_] is offline

Default Insulating a pan handle

Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Tue, 4 Aug 2020 19:10:15 +0100 (GMT+01:00), Jimk wrote:

I'd like to wrap it in something oven proof to make it easier to
handle. Asbestos string? ;-). Hopefully there's a safer substitute

for
this.

Oven glove....

My first thought as well. Though finding decent gaunlet type oven
gloves can be a bit of a challenge.

Was sort of thinking that cotton string would do, ignition temp of
cotton is 200C and a casserole dish isn't like to be used at that
temperature,
Not sure how long it would last though with repeated heating/washing
cycles.

Perhaps small dia stove rope would be better? Quick google indicates
that 3mm dia is out there.

Ah ha! Thats exactly what I want. 99 pences worth of the stuff winging
its way to me now.

Many thanks.

Tim

--