Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default What is it called? (An Anti-convection Air Tube?)

On 03/08/2020 23:21, Nick Odell wrote:
On Mon, 3 Aug 2020 11:19:40 -0700 (PDT), harry
wrote:

On Monday, 3 August 2020 17:50:53 UTC+1, Nick OdellĀ* wrote:
I am thinking about constructing a tube to suck hot air from near the
ceiling of a high-ceiling room and reintroduce it and mix it with the
colder air at floor level. I have seen these things at work in other
buildings but I do not know what they are called.

I would like to read a bit more about them and find out if any
improvements from mixing hot air into the cold are worth the effort
but I am stuck by not knowing a suitable search term.

Any suggestions. please?

Nick

Air recirculation.
It tends to arise in domestic air heating systems.

https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=...=819 &bih=500

Thanks but that is a more sophisticated system than I have in mind.

The thing I am thinking of is nothing more than an open-ended vertical
tube mounted against a wall - one in a school where I used to work was
rectangular section and simply looked like a covering for pipes or
cables.

At one end of the tube is a fan - like a desktop computer fan - and it
sucks the hot air in at the top and blows it out at the bottom to even
out the temperature through the room.

Nick

Covid 19 distribution system?

Dust recirculation system