Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim GM4 DHJ ... Jim GM4 DHJ ... is offline

Default more car trouble

On 04/08/2020 16:25, GB wrote:
On 04/08/2020 10:57, Jim GM4 DHJ ... wrote:
If it's not one thing it is another just came off the M77 onto the M8
and the wipers just stopped !...torrential rain....on a bit of the
motorway with no hard shoulder...smart motorway I think the call it
well I call it STUPID and deadly...so I kept going and got home with
them not working...so another trip to the scrappy required.....I can
hear the motor so probably one of the linkage ball in nylon sockets
failed.....110,0000 miles so I suppose this is to be
expected.....mutter mutter

On the Fiat Punto, the wiper linkage is just a push fit. It just drops
off after a bit of wear that coincides with the end of the warranty.

yes should be like that.....

I drilled a hole and added a washer and split pin. That was good for
another 6-7 years, at which point the plastic gear lever linkage snapped
inside the gearbox. So did my temper, and it went to the scrappy with
only 60k miles on the clock.

oh dear....well that is Italian engineering for you,,,,,I had a
cinquecento and the engine mount and the seat adjuster broke...won't
ever buy another