Joseph Meehan

Default Bathtub Spout Diverters

Joseph Meehan wrote:
Chris Wacalwik wrote:

I would guess you have very good water pressure. The diverter
does not shut off the shower, that is always on, but it opens the tub
outlet. Normally the difference in height keeps water from coming out
the shower. With enough water pressure, or restricted flow to the
tub, water will come out the shower.

Try using your hand to block the flow into the tub to see what I
mean.

After returning from a bike ride, and took a shower, I checked that out.
Well things change in 40 years. The diverter on my current shower does seem
to block off the shower when the tub is selected. Sorry for the bad advice.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math