Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Mercury Regatta mobility scooter?

On Tue, 04 Aug 2020 00:47:16 +0100, T i m wrote:

Ok, I wouldn't have expected them to strip what I did down but they
obviously hadn't even stuck a grease gun on the front suspension?

Seems odd that there is no grease at all in the suspension not even a
smear here or there from initial manufacture. I'd try an find a
sevice manual to see if that model/year is supposed to be greased or
if they switched to sealed bearings but left the nipple. Either that
and it's been stripped before and who ever did that didn't finish the
job properly.

Don't know how "user friendly" Regatta are. As this is a mobilty
scooter I wouldn't be surised if they refuse to talk to you and
inisist that you take it to one of their "certified service depots".

I have already got the (Curtis) battery charger as that had stopped
working. Upon inspection I found the main 6.3A mains input fuse has
blown and there was the signs of a bit of a flashover near one of the
main SMPSU IC's.

https://ibb.co/mRYmM8w

Looks like the magic smoke got out from pins 5 & 6 of that chip and
condensed on the board towards D14. I'd expect something else to have
gone phut first to then take out that chip. Chopper transistors,
mains side smoothing capacitors? Remember that a mains SMPSU has some
nasty voltages flying about inside it.

--
Cheers
Dave.