Posted to uk.d-i-y
G r o g G r o g is offline

Default OT R/C Tank battery charger or replacement

On 03/08/2020 18:33, G r o g wrote:
I have found an old radio control tank I thought had been lost years
ago, trouble is the battery charger is also lost, probably thrown out
because I thought the tank was gone for good.

Ah. No big problem

The battery has to be removed from the tank to charge it, it's 8 AA
size cells in a plastice shrink wrap with a 2 pin Molex type connector
so none of my other chargers will fit.

Probably Tamiya. Not molex

I've search the 'net for a replacement battery and charger without any
luck so I'm hoping someone in this group can point me toward
solution.Â* The battery pack is a fairly tight fit into the tank so I'm
going to need an almost direct replacement.

Are the cells flatpack 8x12 orÂ*Â* 4x2 config? This sounds like a bog
standard RC transmitter pack except for the connector.

I have a pic of the battery but have no idea how to post it to the 'net.

Hmm.
Its it one of these?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/BAKTH-Recha...dp/B0796R4614/

Charger should show on that page as well

They may be nicad batteries, given the age of it which adds to the
problem.Â* The tank actually "fires shells" (actually bb pellets) over
no great distance and with little force which tended to startle people!
I'd rather keep it for a while then give it to someone who will
appreciate it instead of throwing away to landfill.
Sorry for bleating on at length but can anyone offer possible solutions?
Thanks for reading,

Bob.

Thanks for that info, very useful. I have just come across this Amazon
page which shows what looks like a modern version, identical looking
remote control etc. I don't really want to buy another one but I have a
feeling the batteries and charger would cost nearly as much!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/BB-FIRING-T...fsclp_pl_dp_14