Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Shed supply in conduit??

On 02/08/2020 14:12, wrote:
I had PVC against the fence, but my wife kept cutting it with shears / secateurs.

Would SWA on the ground against the fence take any harm from garden implements?

It more robust than other cables, but you can still damage the sheath
like that... (which if you tape it up well enough to keep the water out,
will normally be ok).

(its main claim to fame is that its much harder to damage you when
chopping into it, since you can't reach anything live without going
through a layer of earthed metal screen, which tends to create an earth
fault, and cut off the power).

--
Cheers,

John.