Joseph Meehan

Default Bathtub Spout Diverters

Chris Wacalwik wrote:
When I try to fill my bathtub, water drips out of the shower head,
even when the diverter is pushed down. I'm wondering why water would
be able to go up to the showerhead if pressure is being released by
letting water through the spout. I'm curious to know if there is a way
to fix it, or if I'll need to by a new diverter.

Chris

I would guess you have very good water pressure. The diverter does not
shut off the shower, that is always on, but it opens the tub outlet.
Normally the difference in height keeps water from coming out the shower.
With enough water pressure, or restricted flow to the tub, water will come
out the shower.

Try using your hand to block the flow into the tub to see what I mean.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math