Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Shed supply in conduit??

On 02/08/2020 12:48, John Rumm wrote:
On 02/08/2020 12:42, wrote:
Hi All,

In the olden times, my Readers Digest DIY book said the two approved
ways to get a supply to a shed were either burial (probably SWA)
about a foot to 18 inches deep or else. Attaching to a wall (NOT a
fence) at about 6 foot high. A catenary may have been a third
option.

Is there a fourth option that is refs compliant??

I am thinking of running heavy duty metal conduit close to the ground
and fixed to the concrete posts that hold the fence panels (so six
foot centres I think).

You could do that...

Would this be compliant with either PVC, or SWA in it?

SWA would be kind of pointless (i.e. you could run that, with it sat on
the ground against the fence)

Its easier to get singles through conduit than normal T&E

If the conduit is at a low point then you should not use PVC cables as
condensation will cause the cables to be sat in water.

--
Adam