Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default NO more free TV licence from today

On Sun, 2 Aug 2020 14:39:03 +0100, "tim..."
wrote:

snip

We have some, no debts plus I'm living with an older woman. ;-)

who gets a *single* pension?

Someone living as a couple where only one is old enough to claim their
state pension?

snip

anyone with an OAP pension and more than about 50K is going to find the
calculation for PC says "no"

And I'm pretty sure it's not that either.

It's not what?

anywhere near 50k pa.

Who are the best people to go to for advice on such things, if there
are such?

Age concern,

CAB

find an online calculator

OK, ta.

But if "living with" means not married to,

Nope, we are married (her idea and she paid for the certificate,
surprisingly). ;-)

then your partner's pension needs
will be assessed on a single person basis

Which is how I think it is now.

(though perversely probably take
into account your contributions to family costs)

Which are nil. When I was working I was on a reasonable wage so was
able to pay for this modest 3 bed cottage (and have no other loans or
debts) when I was 40.

And, making the same assumption as before, that this income is enough for
the two of you to live on,

You cut your cloth ... ;-)

I can't see how the numbers will swing towards
you being entitled to anything.

Well, I never assumed they would, like I said, we have never claimed
for anything, just got those things that most qualifying got (like
winter fuel allowance).

The MIG is pretty low. It is set at subsistence level

Ok?

Cheers, T i m