Posted to uk.d-i-y
AnthonyL AnthonyL is offline

Default hole in petrol tank...

On Sat, 1 Aug 2020 03:45:50 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

"AnthonyL" wrote in message
On Fri, 31 Jul 2020 03:57:51 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

"AnthonyL" wrote in message
On Thu, 30 Jul 2020 13:31:36 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

"Jim GM4 DHJ ..." wrote in message
That is the new tank fitted and thank goodness the sender and the pump
are
working well.....at 67 I'm too old for this carry on but I'll be
fecked
if
I'm paying a garage ... I'll fit the new tailpipe next week...too
knackered......

I'm older than that and still havent gotten around to
seeing what is wrong with the windscreen washer bottle,
even tho I have a replacement ready. Its quite a bugger
to get to, you have to do it from inside the wheel arch
with the wheel removed.

Havent got around to even changing the spark
plugs that I have ready either to see if that the
reason it idles rough in the winter when its cold.

Once it warms up the problem is gone so I dont bother.

East do the plugs but its bit cold in winter.

Cold? Have you gone nesh?

Nope.

I wore an overcoat once, and that was a mistake, in 10+yrs down under.

Where abouts here ?

We get a few killed a decade in the snowfields.

One pom I used to work with did get around in sandals
with and a linen shirt with no jumper all winter but
that was in the days before our garage sales. Can be
a bit chilly at =5C with a stiff breeze at 5:30am standing
around outside the cars talking to the other garage salers.

I looked at the climate charts for something near to
southern Italy and settled on Perth. No point in going
all that way to have the same weather as Snowdonia.

That certainly explains why you never experienced it being
too cold to be convenient to do work on the car.

Though at 44degC one Feb day it was too hot to be convenient to do
work on the car when it chose to splutter to a halt. Fortunately
there was an ice-cream van nearby to keep me chilled.

--
AnthonyL

Why do scientists need to BELIEVE in anything?