Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Win 10 file sharing problem

In article ,
T i m wrote:
On Fri, 31 Jul 2020 19:13:08 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

snip

I allocated fixed IP addresses to the things I wanted to, below the DCHP
range. Then in the router used the 'always use this address'

And it let you *choose* the address?

No. It shows you the existing IP address for that device. And gives you
the option to 'always use this IP address'. But since it's already fixed,
perhaps not needed. But at the same time you can change the name the
router calls it (like Android Phone (with a code after that) to 'My
mobile' or whatever. Handy for the things that don't tell you what they
are. If you know their MAC address. The list shows everything that has
ever been connected to the LAN. Highlighted if active.

--
*I did a theatrical performance about puns. It was a play on words.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.