Posted to alt.home.repair
Hawk Hawk is offline

Default Do I need a lot of gravel under concrete?

On 7/31/2020 4:39 AM, wrote:
I just had a a question. Do I need a lot of gravel under concrete for my driveway. I live in California and get no extreme weather changes and I know this can matter in the long run. I have a guy putting concrete in our driveway, which is on a slope, used minimal gravel and rebar. Should this matter? Or should there be more gravel? Please help. Thank you

The minimum is 4" for a common driveway, but for heavier vehicles or a
"sloped" driveway, up to 12" may be necessary.

Depending on your sloped driveway, I would use a minimum of 6" and a max
of 12".