Posted to alt.home.repair
SNAG SNAG is offline

Default Concrete section next to hardwood!

On 7/30/2020 9:33 AM, dpb wrote:
On 7/30/2020 9:29 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 7/30/2020 8:04 AM, Abby wrote:

Thanks everyone for the advice. Yes the wood stove is still there
surrounded with brown brick. I removed the tiles and now I see a
piece of concrete that is level with the wood floor. Don't want to
get into the mess of removing concrete to allow for wood. I like the
idea of painting the concrete, perhaps the same colour as the brick??
and have the floor refinisher put a trim around it. BTW, the
contractor suggested covering it with wood but I think that would be
too high of a ridge. Again, thanks for your thoughts - much appreciated!

You cannot put wood under a wood burning stove.Â* That is why concrete
and tile were use.Â* Fire code.

And you wouldn't want to even if were able...

I don't know if some of the laminates are rated for use or not, but
clearly this is a place to either put some nicer tile back down or take
the paint or some other suitable option.Â* I've seen a sheet of 1/8" or
so steel used--serves as an additional radiator to the room as well
altho not advisable if have toddlers unless screened.

--

My stove sits on top of about 2"+ of Arkansas field stone . It has
the same behind it and on the wall to the left side . Depends on the