Rick Hughes

Default Running cables through stud walls

"BillR" wrote in message
Can2002 wrote:
"Rick Hughes" wrote in message
Sorry if this is doom & gloom after the other positive posts ... but
thought I would mention what could happen.

Thanks Rick, I'd rather go in prepared for the worst! Out of
interest, what appraoch would you take as an alternative?

Cheers,
Chris

If its a wooden framed stud wall there are bound to be horizontal noggins
which will stop your cable or weighted string going very far.
I cut short vertical slots in the plasterboard across these noggins and

also
into the noggins to take the cable. Then you have to make good

afterwards...

I'd probably use the same approach, although it can start getting messy,
have a look for another route - there is usually an sv pipe going through
into loft space (unless outside) have a look there, or possibbly where CW
pipes go to tank if you have a non-pressurised system.

Rick