Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default hole in petrol tank...

On 30/07/2020 11:04, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 30/07/2020 04:31, Rod Speed wrote:

"Jim GM4 DHJ ..." wrote in message
That is the new tank fitted and thank goodness the sender and the
pump are working well.....at 67 I'm too old for this carry on but
I'll be fecked if I'm paying a garage ... I'll fit the new tailpipe
next week...too knackered......

I'm older than that and still havent gotten around to
seeing what is wrong with the windscreen washer bottle,
even tho I have a replacement ready. Its quite a bugger
to get to, you have to do it from inside the wheel arch
with the wheel removed.

Havent got around to even changing the spark
plugs that I have ready either to see if that the
reason it idles rough in the winter when its cold.

Once it warms up the problem is gone so I dont bother.

East do the plugs but its bit cold in winter.

yes why do today what can be put off until tomorrow....I'm like that
too...but the tank couldn't wait.....going like a dream...the tailpipe
will be a doddle after the tank....

Famous last words. Changing part of an exhaust that has been on
a few years, especially if you are using a 3rd party 'pattern'
replacement item can be frustrating when it doesn't exactly match
the original. That's assuming you can get it off without knackering
the centre pipe.