Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim GM4 DHJ ... Jim GM4 DHJ ... is offline

Default Septic tank

On 30/07/2020 13:09, NY wrote:
"Jim GM4 DHJ ..." wrote in message

just noticed yesterday my car fuel tank has an anti-syphon device
fitted in the neck which won't let you tip the tank up to empty
it...... simple device

or perhaps on further thought is to stop the fuel going the wrong way
for whatever reason ????????????....three hinged triangular flaps
which shut in a frame when you tip the tank upside down....but let
fuel through when filling??????

How do you tip a car fuel tank upside down? That would involve turning
the car upside down. ;-)

Do you perhaps mean a fuel can - a small (eg) 5-litre portable can
(plastic or metal) kept as a reserve or used to transfer fuel to a mower
etc.

no I was replacing the tank and was trying to drain the old one....