Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Concrete section next to hardwood!

On Wednesday, July 29, 2020 at 4:39:21 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 7/29/2020 3:15 PM, Abby wrote:
I am having my hardwood floor refinished. An old fireplace that was on a concert block was replaced with a wood stove so now part of the old block is covered with ugly ceramic tile. Any suggestions as how to handle a replacement? The concrete is level with the hardwood floor & I was hoping to avoid an elevated ridge.

Take out the ugly tile and put in nice tile or slate.

+1

tile or stone sounds right. Maybe a wood trim around it.