Posted to alt.home.repair

Default liquid tight connector to pvc conduit

On Tue, 28 Jul 2020 19:30:49 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Tuesday, July 28, 2020 at 5:15:52 PM UTC-5, wrote:
I want to connect liquid tight tubing to PVC conduit. Searching online I see a lot of Poly tubing connectors w/compression on one end and with a threaded end for a box, but I want to go to a straight piece of conduit.
So what I want is a Poly to PVC conduit coupler.

Don't know if I am looking in the right place or not.
Searched the web, big Orange and big Green, but no success.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

I saw several U-Tubes on bending PVC conduit.
Has anyone ever tried or had any luck w/bending ?
That would be way cheaper !

All the time

It is best done if you have a mandrel so it maintains its shape. An
EMT bender works well but you can wrap it around anything round.
They make several types of heater but a $10 Harbor Fright heat gun
works if you are careful and only get it hot enough to bend without
collapsing.
Old school is sticking it in the tail pipe of the truck.
This stuff can get like overdone spaghetti and you can turn it into
trash pretty easy. If you are bending near the end, stick a cold
coupling over the end so it doesn't collapse or get out of round. Then
you can still use it.