Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Stick welding revelation

On Wed, 29 Jul 2020 12:12:22 +0100, John Rumm
wrote:

snip

I added a 240v cooling fan to the case of mine, plus a handy 13amp
socket. The fan runs whether or not it has thermally tripped. It makes a
lot of difference to the run time before tripping and to the recovery
time after tripping.

Yup, I used a pair of either 6" or 8" mains fans - it was better
certainly, but still far from good!

I actually have two of the cheap Lidl / Alto stick welders (I just
wanted to try them for the S&G's) and the 'better' of the two is fan
cooled as you say.

I wasn't aware of any 'duty cycle' with my old SIP stick welder as it
never cut out on me. ;-)

Cheers, T i m