Posted to uk.d-i-y
fred[_8_] fred[_8_] is offline

Default Septic tank

On Tuesday, July 28, 2020 at 7:13:56 PM UTC+1, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 28/07/2020 17:27, Muddymike wrote:
Recent post about septic tank produced a lot of hot air. Just wondering
how many on this list actually live in a house served by a septic tank?

I do.

I dont, I have an aerobic digester (Klargester Biodisc)

Mike

neighbour has one of those. Bit of a pong in warm weather.

We have a septic tank which overflowed and thus spoiled the leach field. Local expert dug a huge long pit, filled it with rocks , piped septic tank in one end and outlet to adjacent small stream at the other end, covered it all in soil. I have my doubts if this is acceptable but we do get the solids emptied once a year.