Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Hayter[_2_] Roger Hayter[_2_] is offline

Default Septic tanks Regs in Scotland

Dave Liquorice wrote:

On Tue, 28 Jul 2020 20:10:40 +0100, Roger Hayter wrote:

Septic Tank Regulations in Scotland

snip
Enforcement provisions exist but how the Environment
Agency will track down the remote dwellings with decades old

septic
tanks in Scotland isn't known.

We were, in E & W at least, required a few years back to register all
non-mains sewage disposal arragements.

Were we?

You don't think it possible that some rural inhabitants may have failed
to do so, do you?

No comment.

If they have a mains water supply then the water boards know who they
are, ...

That's assuming the water supply company is the same as water
treatment company. There are several water supply only companies out
there.

Not to mention places like us that physically get our water from
Burnhope (Northumbria Water) but pay United Utilities (North West),
who I think do the waste water treament around here but not us as we
have a septic tank...

Hope they don't compare notes!

--

Roger Hayter