Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Septic tanks Regs in Scotland

On Tue, 28 Jul 2020 21:45:11 +0100, Algernon Goss-Custard wrote:

And there are lots of those in many areas, including this one, on
private water for both input and discharge. Of course on their

annual
council tax that shows, so 'if' they are paying the council tax

their
water arrangements are known too.

Not, I think, in England. A domestic property's water supply and sewage
disposal arrangements are not in any way linked to their council tax.
Not as far as I can see on my paperwork anyway.

If you're not on a meter there is a very tenuious link via the old
"rateable value". The rateable value is not the same as the
"valuation band" used to set your council tax. There is no mention of
rateable value or water supply/waste water treatment on our council
tax bill.

Rateable values are now not changed by the Valuation Office, the
water companies can't change them and customers can't appeal them.

--
Cheers
Dave.