Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y
%%[_2_] %%[_2_] is offline

Default Replacing LEDs in strip lights

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
newsp.0og78u2ewdg98l@glass...
On Mon, 27 Jul 2020 18:34:25 +0100, wrote:

On Mon, 27 Jul 2020 17:48:47 +0100, "Commander Kinsey"
wrote:

I use this sort of thing: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/163956674647
When they eventually fail, it's the LEDs that have gone.
Isn't it possible to buy a strip of LEDs to slide into it instead of
buying a new power supply and chassis aswell?
Uneconomical and wasteful of resources.

By-the-foot LED tape lighting is available - but probably more
trouble than it's worth - to try to hack-install it into a fixture.

https://www.leevalley.com/en-us/shop...t?item=00U4138

Firstly that's 12V, I need 75V. Secondly it has power wasting resistors
in it.

They make all this fuss about saving packaging, not using carrier bags,
etc, etc,

Even you should have noticed that most go thru a
lot more carrier bags than they do failed led strips.

yet we're throwing out perfectly good fixtures and power supplies.

There are plenty of led strips on aliexpress sold separately to the power
supply.