Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jimk Jimk is offline

Default septic tank regs 2020

The Natural Philosopher Wrote in message:
On 28/07/2020 14:27, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Tue, 28 Jul 2020 14:16:46 +0100 (BST), "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

On Tue, 28 Jul 2020 12:12:49 +0100, NY wrote:

It's about the same noise at 100 yards as standing right next to a noisy
fridge. Maybe his sewage works is an early model and more noisy that
modern ones.

The latter. The active systems I've encountered have had noise levels
about that of a fridge when right next to them not 100 yds away.

They are more than just a motorised stirrer, there is a compressor to
bubble air through the contents as well.

So not anaerobic digestion then, unlike traditional septic tanks.
Interesting. Does that speed up the digestion process? I expect it
makes it less smelly.

Both. My Klargester Biodisc is totally smell-less as long as the motor
is turning. Solids and crap seem to break down quickly.

It is rated as no noise, no smell and capable of discharge into a water
course. Runs about 100W continuous IIRC.

I'd say it can do twenty woman years of **** without needing emptying.

The unit costs under £4500 but installation needs a digger and a lot of
concrete.

Only needed on wet sites it says...

--
Jimk