Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim GM4 DHJ ... Jim GM4 DHJ ... is offline

Default septic tank regs 2020

On 28/07/2020 12:35, Andrew wrote:
On 28/07/2020 08:49, Jim GM4 DHJ ... wrote:
On 27/07/2020 21:24, NY wrote:
"Jimk" wrote in message
o.uk...
"Jim GM4 DHJ ..." Wrote in message:
On 27/07/2020 17:13, april showers wrote:
Can anyone explain to me in very simple terms what theÂ* new septic
tank regs are?

I have been looking on you tube and found a site which said all
old eptic tanks have to be replaced regardless of how they work.

Then someone said it was fake information. But I cannot find out
whats correct and what is not.

Have we all got to spend 15K replacing septic tanks, even when
they work perfectly?Â* Really? Why?

how come when I eat a Herring I always think of septic tanks...?

Are they red?

Having recently bought a house with a septic tank, I looked into
this. As far as I can tell, existing septic tanks can continue being
used until further notice, but a new installation (and maybe a
replacement for a failed septic tank) has to be a mini sewage works -
at great cost, and making a constant loud hum from the motor that
stirs the contents.

Since our septic tank is under the patio where we sit in the sun, we
wouldn't want a loud hum all the time. We'd have to find a site
elsewhere in the garden where the noise was less obtrusive, but which
was still easy for the poo-sucking wagon to empty the tank periodically.

Klargester shares will rise...

Not as fast as Klargesters will rise if the water table is very high
and they aren't held down with a big lump of concrete :-)

very true...tee hee